Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What's Up Wednesday {9/30/15}


Happy Wednesday friends!! It's the last Wednesday of the month and that could only mean What's Up Wednesday!


I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their linkup! 

 Here are the questions we answer...


What we're eating this week...


I made chicken noodle soup Sunday night and it has been perfect for these rainy days we've had!

What I'm reminiscing about...
 

Around this time last year Noah took me to my first Colts game. Well along with 50 (or so) other people and we had a blast!! We go again this year but not until December (brr).

The weather was perfect last year and I loved the atmosphere...I can't wait to go back!

What I'm loving...



 

I found this on Pinterest and I couldn't pass is up! I'm loving everything pumpkin!



What we've been up to...
 
We've been busy busy...tennis is coming to an end for Noah which means basketball is on the horizon. I helped plan our women's retreat so I'll have a little down time (not much). But we are enjoying this season of life and all of the challenges/excitement that comes with it. 


What I'm dreading...
 
...the days becoming shorter...


What I'm working on...
 
Trusting in Jesus with every second of my day.

I am in a bible study on Monday nights and we started this study three weeks ago. I cannot believe the changes I am seeing in my day to day life. Every time I am upset or find myself angry I call out to Him and say, "I Trust in You."

That helps so much, it makes me rely on Him instead of myself. 



If you are looking for a bible study to start I highly recommend Trusting in Christ.

I would love to talk more about Jesus with anyone and feel free to ask questions too...you can email me @ blakewalke93@gmail.com with anything.



What I'm excited about...
 

Enough.

Said.

What I'm watching/reading...
 
I just finished reading If I Stay... 


...and it was so good that I've ordered the sequel Where She Went and I can't wait to dive in!

Last week a ton of shows had their season premiere and Noah recorded 4 or 5 of them. I told him I didn't think I had time to watch all of them but I think I'll have to...







My mind is on overload trying to keep up! 

But I love all of them! They are so good :) 

What I'm listening to...

I listen to Pandora quite a bit when I want to. I'm not a huge music fan but I'm trying to change that and become more well rounded in that department!

What I'm wearing...



Outfits like this one :) It's cool in the mornings but is warm in the afternoons. That won't last much longer though!

What I'm doing this weekend...
 
My besties are all home Friday night so we are getting together...
and as long as the weather cooperates we are headed to Brown County Saturday morning! 


What I'm looking forward to next month...


We have our family hayride and family pictures in October....

What else is new...

New to me...visiting Wrigley Field....
 
 
...we had the best time and I loved watching the Cubs play :)
I could talk about Wrigley forever....the old stadium and the atmosphere there.
 
 
And the bonus question:

What's my favorite Halloween tradition...

 Hmm this is a tough one...Noah & I will have to start making some of our own this year!
I love carving pumpkins...


Two years ago my girlfriends and I painted pumpkins. I did not because I like orange pumpkins :) 


I know this isn't a tradition but check out my girlfriends' treats they make! Aren't they cute???

They have their own page where they post all of their treats. They are not taking orders currently because they are in grad school but they are so yummy!
 
What are some of your favorite Halloween traditions??

 

4 comments:

  1. So fun!! I love these lists. Love your outfit pic with the plaid and scarf!! So festive for Fall. And cozy. I've had that problem too recently where I try to wear my new fall clothes and then get too hot in the afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having chicken noodle soup tomorrow & I can't wait! I really liked If I Stay but haven't gotten around to reading the sequel yet!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was a sequel to If I Stay! I saw the movie, and have been meaning to read the book. I will need to read the sequel too! Love your fall outfit and your excitement for fall! I can't help but get even more excited when someone is as excited for fall as me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun you went to Wrigley Field!!! It's on my bucket list!
    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete