Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday and Another Linkup


 
 
Woo hoo it's my favorite time of the year!! I love all things September....it's time for fall decorations, fall candles, pumpkins, mums, and so much more! Our house may have been decorated over a month ago but I love going home to it when it's decorated for fall :)
I couldn't decide who to link up with today so why not do both???
I am linking up with Andrea for Show & Tell Tuesday and Mattie & Julie for their Tell Us About It linkup!
 
 
 
 
Today's topic is favorite fall activity! I have so many but I am bad about taking pictures of them....so this year I vow to document it all!

 
 
 
Basically my favorite fall things in a nutshell!
I love pumpkin spice lattes, hayrides, the leaves turning on the trees, candles, pumpkins...you name it!
 
 

 
Another favorite fall activity is our church's women's retreat! This is the 4th (I think) year and we learn new things each year! Our theme this year is Psalm 139...You are Enough!
Sissy and I are in charge of games (like last year) and we have some fun ones up our sleeve!
 
 
Today's topic: where you were on 9/11
 
The thing is....I was young so I am not be able to contribute much to this topic.
I was in 3rd grade in Mrs. Kavanaugh's class....they tried to keep it hush hush because we were so young but I remember her turning the TV on for maybe 10 minutes and seeing the smoke coming from the towers.
 
That is really all I remember about that day but I know so many people relive it everyday or every year on that anniversary. So many people lost loved ones and nothing can bring them back...that being said I pray that God takes away their pain.
 
Back tomorrow for what we did last weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Today is the official start of fall in my brain. I'm going to go home after work and decorate the apartment and burn fall candles! I also just ordered six BBW wall fragrances...at least 4 of them are pumpkin-y. :)

    I remember my mom's friend called to tell my mom to turn on the TV and seeing the 9/11 coverage before school. We talked about it at school that day. There was a bulletin board up in our classroom with articles about it for a while. It was such a sad and confusing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to everything fall! Now you need a BBW candle :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo, candles are another fall thing I'm excited about being back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love candles and hayrides!! Your church's women's retreat sounds like so much fun!! I'll have to suggest it at my church. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women of all ages can come to this retreat and it is a great way at getting to know other ladies especially if you have more than 1 service!

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO much for linking up, we are so happy you joined! :)

    Love that you go on a women's retreat, nothing like hanging out with a group of supportive, fun women!

    I was a freshmen in high school when 9/11 happened and I remember hearing about it through my algebra teacher and how there wasn't a lot of information out yet. Can't believe how many years it's been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, your women's retreat sounds like fun!! And I feel really old that you were in 3rd grade for 9/11 haha!!! For me it was a week before I went off to college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes I'm young....I love getting together with a bunch of women who love Jesus!

      Delete
  6. I feel so old that you were in 3rd grade on September 11th! I am amazed your teacher let you guys watch even a little of it. Thankfully my school also let me watch (10th grade), but I had many other friends at different high schools that weren't allowed to watch anything at school.
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was surprising looking back now....very sad time!

      Delete