Thursday, October 1, 2015

Recipe Club- Halloween Muddy Buddy Mix




 
I decided to join Andrea today for her Recipe Club linkup :)
 
 
But first I am happy it's October 1st friends!!
 
The weather today is pefectly fall-ish :)


 
 
 
 
Last weekend was our women's retreat and we were supposed to bring something. I found this recipe on Pinterest and went with it!
 
Supplies:
9 cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 & 1/2 cups candy corn
1 & 1/2 cups Reece's Pieces
2 cups pretzels (I used the sticks)
 
 
 
Instructions:


 
Pour Chex Cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
 
 
 
 
In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter together on high for one minute. Stir and return to microwave, microwaving in 30 second increments until melted together and smooth. Stir in vanilla.

 


 
 
Pour chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat.  
 
 

 
Place cereal in a large zip lock bag, pour powdered sugar in, seal and shake until evenly coated.
 
 

 
Spread cereal out on to wax paper and let cool completely.
 

 
In a large bowl combine cereal, candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, and pretzels. Store in an air-tight container.
 
 
This was so fun to make and very festive for the season! Thanks for the recipe!
 
 

 
 
 
May your day be filled with all things October!


3 comments:

  1. Yumm!! I love the idea of this linkup!! I think I will have to join next month with it! =)
    My girls would love this recipe you have posted =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How festive! Perfect for a snack I can bring to the ladies event at my church next week!

    ReplyDelete