Thursday, September 10, 2015

It's time....

...time for a recipe, finally!!
 
 
I'm hoping that as I continue to bake more I will share my recipes with you all!
Some are my own but most are from someone else, Pinterest, or the Internet and I've adapted them to what we like!
 
Last Friday Noah had a fantasy draft party at our house and I thought I'll make a few dips for them to eat! The easiest one for me is the cheese dip.
 


 
All you need:
16 oz Velveeta cheese (cut into cubes)
Jar of salsa
Roll of sausage (I use Tennessee Pride brand)
Crockpot
 
I throw my cheese and salsa into the crockpot on high while my sausage is being cooked. Once my sausage is cooked that goes into the crockpot too. I only had 2-3 hours before the guys were coming over so I had the crockpot on high and stirred every half hour but it would work on low for 3-4 hours. Once the cheese was melted I turned the crockpot on warm....and served with chips!
 
 
 
 
Our new favorite chip....
 
 
 
 
Next up I made my aunt's famous taco dip!
 
Ingredients:
1 can refried beans
16 oz sour cream
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 package taco seasoning
8 oz shreddred cheddar cheese
1 jar salsa (drained)
shredded lettuce
olives (optional)
 
 
First I spread the jar of refried beans in the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan. Then in a separate bowl mix the sour cream, softened cream cheese, and package of taco seasoning, mix well. Pour into your 9 X 13 pan and top with salsa, lettuce, and cheese. If you opt to use olives top those last but I don't care for them so I didn't use them!


 
Finished product!
I kept it in the refrigerator until the guests arrived!
Serve with chips.
 
Happy Thursday to you and tomorrow is Friday Favorites :)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment