Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded: Books


Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for their Stranded series.

Today is all about what 3 books you would take to a deserted island?

I had my Bible on my list first thing but I feel as if this is a "pretend" happening so just know that if I was deserted ever, my Bible would be with me. 


My Jesus Calling is first up. It's a daily devotional that I read every morning with scripture to read at the bottom. I even bought these for my girlfriends for Christmas and they love them too! 
When I am deserted on an island my love for Christ is not going to change :). 

It has been awhile since I've read The Best Yes but this is one book I could read over and over. I read it on the plane on our way back from our honeymoon and I remember taking notes to the side of the readings and highlighting/underlining so much! I probably should go read it again now! Maybe being on a deserted island will really make me give my Best Yes! 

This book came highly recommended and at first I wasn't sold. Once I started getting further into the book it was so good! The Book Thief was so good I decided to take it to the desert island with me :). 

So there are my three books! Two books are my relationship with Christ and one light hearted book that will pass the time!



Next time we get to choose which three Netflix series we would take with us :). 


2 comments:

  1. I think we're going to see a lot of Jesus Calling in today's posts :)

    I have The Book Thief on reserve at the Library :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read The book Thief but am unsure if I could handle it. I saw the movie version when I was about 8.5 months pregnant and completely lost all control of my emotions--I was in a full blown ugly cry, utterly inconsolable with a very uncomfortable husband! Typically books hit me even harder than films so even subtracting pregnancy hormones, I am guessing it would be tough for me to handle. Liz @ familyoffoley.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete