Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Books

It has been way too long since I've reviewed the books I've read. 

I mean the last time was in December of 2015!!!
That being said I have tons of books to talk about today. If you love books keep reading and if you don't I'm sorry but check back tomorrow for what we did this weekend! 
Happy reading ;). 

These are in no particular order because I've read quite a few in the past five months. Just know that there was not one book that I didn't love. 

Oh wow. This book is my favorite of all!!! If you love suspense this is for you! 
Thanks Megan for letting me borrow it :).

I've read a few of Mary Kay Andrews' books before and I loved them so I snatched this up and it had me feeling spring fever :). 


This book was so humbling. A co-worker had this book and she had met the author too so I borrowed it & finished it in 3 days. I don't want to give it away but it's a true story about one man's tragedy and loss and how his faith got him through. It makes you want to hug your loved ones again & again. 

I just loved all of these books in this review. The Gap Year is a book about a mother & daughter and that gap that grows between them as Aubrey (the daughter) grows up. I didn't rebel like Aubrey in this book but I can relate back to when I was in high school. I also loved seeing Cam's (the mother) response and maybe some of the thoughts and feelings my mother may have had. 



I like to try and read a few books about faith & praying when I get the chance. I saw this book on IG awhile back and decided to snatch it up! I am glad I did. There are eight chapters on honoring your husband and it explains the things God has called us to do as a wife. 
P.S. They also have one out for husbands too :). 



This was a gift from my MIL for Christmas and I have decided I love Jen Hatmaker lol. 
I wasn't quite sure what to expect but she has a great sense of humor! I love how she talks about how society says we should be this or that but God tells us different. It's nice to know we aren't all alone in this world!



Room came recommended and it was so good! The first few chapters were hard to read but once I understood the dialog it was easier to read. The book is about a boy who is locked in a room with his mother and his mother makes the best life she can for him. It has a happy ending so it's worth the read :). 

The Apple Orchard is the first book in a two-book series. The setting is in California on a farm and about family finding each other. 


The second book continues on and focusing more on love :). 


Savannah Breeze is more of a chick book. Two girlfriends get back at a con-man who ripped them off. It's a light reading and will make you laugh!


I've read & read Liane Moriarty over and over. She is such a great author. I read this book back in January so bear with me. It's a book about a girl named Sophie and making your own fairy-tale ending. 


I re-gifted this book to my mother for Mother's Day because I loved it so much! I saw that someone else had read it, looked it up on Amazon, & ordered it. Wow, amazing read & a story about friendship and second chances. 


Elin Hilderbrand is also another one of my favorite authors. In Winter Street she tells a story about a family coming together when you least expect it. 



For Christmas my mom gifted this to me and The Power of a Praying Husband to Noah. I read mine within 2 weeks and couldn't put it down. God wants us to pray for our spouses and Stormie Omartian does a fantastic job at explaining where to start. I re-gifted this book and Eight Great Ways to Honor Your Husband to one of my friends at her bridal shower. 



Last but not least I love reading books that other people have read and then recommended.
This book was one of those and it is about Andi finding the man of her dreams. Ethan has two daughters but that doesn't stop Andi. I loved reading about the obstacles they had to overcome to become a family. 

Whew! That was long and next time I promise I won't wait so long! Thank you for reading and pushing through :).

One app/website I love for keeping track of the books I've read is Goodreads. 
There is no way I would have remembered all of these books if I didn't keep track of them on my beloved app!

You can find me here, become my friend, & then see what books I've read. 
It's also a great way to recommend books to one another.

Happy Hump Day!!




2 comments:

  1. I have so many of these on my waiting list at the library.
    We're talking about reading that Jen Hatmaker book in our bible study group :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES just added you on Goodreads! I love Liane Moriarty, The Last Anniversary was really good! I've read all of her books now, but she has a new one coming out soon and I'm like I NEED IT NOW! hahaha. I also loved Room!

    ReplyDelete