Monday, March 2, 2015

30 Hour Famine/ Weekend Wrap-Up

It's Monday again....
 
 
 
#obsessedwithbracelets
 





 
For the famine I was in charge of games and spent some time cutting and gluing things together Friday...my desk!
 
 
Fun stickers for the kids to wear!!

 
It was cold in the sanctuary so you improvise by putting your arms in your shirt???



The day is not complete without some selfies with other adults :)
 
 
Saturday morning I got the girls up early to shower while the boys were still sleeping and we started our day around 9 am...we worshipped, Joe spoke, and we participated in Sole Hope, which is an organization that makes shoes for individuals in developing countries that have jiggers (little bugs that get in their feet and lay eggs) in their feet...so rewarding!! 
 


They had a little down time so they played basketball and ping pong.  The kids also love 9 square, it is sort of like volleyball and they never stop playing....I even joined in on the fun!!
 
 
 
Love these girls :)


As I posted last Wednesday we all go out into the community Saturday afternoon and collect canned goods for our church food pantry...they did awesome!! Even though it was cold, there was snow/ice on the roads, and their toes were frozen they all stuck with it and were doing it for an amazing cause!
They collected over 1,000 cans and over $100 dollars for the food pantry!!



The group, we had 37 kids there at one time and seeing them go through those hunger pains (and being away from their phones)  and what other children in developing countries go through was amazing! As of right now they have raised over $5,000 dollars and are still raising money! So proud of them :)
 
 


 
 




 
 





 


We had 7 tribes total and they all had to work together for certain games and the canned food drive too!! These kids are amazing and I love being a part of watching them grow in their faith.
 
 
 

Decided to do my nails last night after the long and eventful weekend :)
 


And last but not least my goals for the month.
 
1. Since my invitations are out hopefully I'll have time to read at least 1 book but who am I kidding the wedding is next month so I am sure I will be busy with that but reading relaxes me so I am going to make time for that.

 
2. I need to get out on my lunch break and get some oxygen into this body!! Making it a point to walk twice a week on my lunch no matter how cold it is!! I am crossing my fingers that it's March and it will warm up :)

 
3. One of my goals last month was to get my room organized and I sort of did but this month I need to start packing up some of my clothes since I may (or may not) be moving within the month or 2.
 

I did okay with my February goals, I did not accomplish the whole reading 1 book which is completely out of character for me since I love reading but I did get my bridal shower AND wedding invitations sent out!!!! Eek, that makes me so excited!!!! We get married in 1 month and 16 days!!!! 
 

2 comments:

  1. 1 month and 16 days, eeks I have some work to get done, who am I kidding we will get it done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 month and 16 days, eeks I have some work to get done, who am I kidding we will get it done!!!

    ReplyDelete