Wednesday, December 23, 2015

2 Days Before Christmas

We are so close...aren't we???
 
We are 2 days away and I feel as if I have so much to do but it will all get done, right?
 
Today I'm sharing about one of our Christmas traditions and a fun easy little treat!
 
We made our gingebread house last Wednesday. It took us about 15 minutes so it was quick :).





We didn't have enough little candies for the roof....
 
...and our "C" looks weak but I love it!!
 
Making a gingerbread house is something we will continue on in the years to come!
 
 
 
Now for pretzel treats :).
 
Supplies:
1 bag of snaps or mini pretzels
2 bag of kisses (any flavor you wish)
1 bag of peanut M&M's
 
 
Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
 

Lay out mini pretzels or "snaps" on a cookie sheet.

Unwrapping the kisses are the most tedious part. (I use 2 bags.) Usually it's something Noah & I tackle together but Saturday I was on my own.
 
Once the kisses are unwrapped place a kiss in the middle of each pretzel.
 
Then place the cookie sheet in the oven (once it's preheated) for 5 minutes.

I accidentally baked mine at 350 degrees so the kisses were a little melted but they still worked.
 
It is important to place a M&M on each kiss immediately after they come out of the oven so the kiss doesn't harden. I let them cool for about 2-3 hours and then you can bag them or place them on a festive plate!
 
For this particular batch I was making them for bible study as a Christmas gift. I bought festive bags & ribbon and found a printable on Pinterest.
 



 
 


You can find the printable here.
 
I think these treats are so easy to make and everyone loves them. You can use different flavored kisses or rolos and I used peanut M&M's but you could use any kind you want!
 
This gift was simple and cute at the same time!
 
Merry Christmas Eve Eve :).

2 comments:

  1. I really want to make those again but with the peppermint hugs! Yum! Except I need to find the dang square pretzels that aren't butter flavored! Those printables are adorable too! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete