Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up: Matthew 5:16 Day & Mother's Day Edition

This weekend was another fun filled & busy weekend and I wish it could've lasted longer!!
 
 
Friday morning coffee in hand!

 
I sent this pic to my girlfriends Friday morning because I was ready to see them Saturday night! (and I was parked at a stoplight when I took this picture my friends already pointed that out lol!)

 
Friday evening my uncle John came over to help my dad mow (so sweet) and I had to snap this picture after they were done!






Saturday morning was Matthew 5:16 Day and we were up bright & early preparing for that!
Susan wanted to send these pics to Britt because she was graduating and we were proud of her!!


Matthew 5:16 Day is something my mom felt called to start in our hometown about 4 years ago. Matthew 5:16 says "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." God has put us on this Earth to shine His light and do good deeds for others without them asking us to. Some of the good acts we do include: planting flowers at senior citizens' homes, washing cars of the staff at nursing homes, handing out flowers at road blocks, a car wash for anyone who wants one, free baked goods at gas stations, praying at the high school, and many other things too! It is free and most people try to give money if they get their car washed or money for baked goods but everything is free!

 
Ash dropped the boys off to me because she was working and they really wanted to help. We snapped a selfie while they were finishing their breakfast!

 
We were assigned to plant flowers at the city hall but when we got there, there were no flowers! So I called mom and she said that they had ran out of flowers so we headed to the car wash where Noah was!



 
Washing the cars of the staff at one of the nursing homes!


 
He said this was the best Matthew 5:16 Day ever!!!
 

 
We ate lunch at Bravos with some of the other helpers after the event was over!
 
Fast forward to that evening when Eric & Susan were having a grad party for Britt! 
 

 
Abby & Brenda :)
 

 
 

 
The only pic I got of Britt!

 
Her cake was so pretty & yummy too!







 
Negas (neighbors that go to Vegas together)





 
This pic is blurry but I love these girls and the laughter we share!

 
Late at night (like 11 o'clock) they wanted to see our new house so I showed them :)

 
Congrats Britt! And to Megan and Leah too (they graduated also!)
We are all graduated now! Britt, Megan, & Leah are all heading off to grad school in the fall, Allyson is taking classes to receive her Bachelor's in nursing, Kylie is planning her wedding and studying for her nursing exam, and I am moving into our home! We are all at different stages in our lives but we are so grounded in our faith and each other :)
 
 

 
Sunday was Mother's Day and I thought this quote was fitting! We headed to church, mom wanted to go to Evansville, we ate at Cheddar's, and then Noah and I split up to go "house shopping!"

 
A few pics of mom and I in the past couple of years.


 
Circa my junior year of high school!

 
Gas station coffee :)

 
I didn't take any pictures with my mom but she knows that I love and appreciated her. Mom I hope I can be half the mother that you are someday!
 
Have a great week and hopefully by the end of this week we will be moved in!!
Say a few prayers for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment