Thursday, May 7, 2015

St. Lucia: Days 5 & 6

Day 5 which was Monday went headed to another resort, La Toc, so Noah could get his golf fix in :) Noah plays almost every sport and this is the first time we have ever gone golfing together!
 
 
 
 

 
La Toc was beautiful!

 
This is what I did while he golfed :)

 
 
 
Their beach was beautiful!! He was done golfing by 930 am and we had originally planned on eating lunch there but it was hot and I was in pain from my sunburn so we headed back to Halycon. The rest of the day we did absolutely nothing, we napped and then tried the Italian place for dinner. At this point I was disappointed with the food and thought I would dislike this place too but I was wrong!! We ended up eating there every night for the rest of the trip!
 
 
 
Mario's :)
 


They had yummy cocktails, a buffet of appetizers, soup, main course, and then dessert!! SO much food but it was my FAVORITE!!!

Tuesday was zip lining!!!



 
The rainforest!!



I had never been zip lining before so why not do in on an island in a rainforest for my first time??
We were the "red team" hence our red helmets and there was another couple with us too.  We were assigned a guide who went in front of us and took our cameras with him. That was so nice since we didn't have to worry about holding the line, our harness, and a camera.  He got some great pics and a few videos!!
 
 
 







 
Yea this is me pulling myself at the end because I didn't make it to the platform! They call it the walk of shame!




 


 
We had so much fun! It was seriously a workout! We zipped 12 lines, the highest being 250 feet in the air, and the fastest line was 30 mph! The rainforest had snakes and tarantulas but thankfully we didn't see any! The tour bus that picked us up from the resort also had a guide on it and he had a tarantula in his hand after we were done zip lining but I stayed as far away as possible!






 
 
On the way back to the resorts he told us stories of previous people who knocked workers out because they didn't brake in time and we are glad he didn't have stories to tell on us (because I may have flew into the tree a little)!  He let us try a chocolate seed (the left pic that is yellow), a love apple (the right pic with a red color) which was a mix between a apple and a peach but it was sweet, and we tried coconut too! They were all yummy!
 
 
 
Dinner at Mario's again that night :)





 
So hopefully this video works because it shows our guide zip lining with the camera in his hand!
Back tomorrow for our last two days!
 
Check out days 3 &4 here.
 
See days 1 & 2 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment