Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Things to pack

So since we leave tomorrow I thought talking about things to pack would be smart :)
When we were planning our honeymoon we knew we wanted a beach (with unlimited food & drinks) but we didn't know where to go.  Noah's sister and her husband went to St. Lucia for their honeymoon and loved it!!  We also knew 2 more couples who had been there on vacation so we decided to book it!! We went through a travel agency and that made the process painless!


This is where we will be staying and I am counting down the hours at work today until we leave!!


Some things I like to pack for a beach vacation :)
Noah and I are each taking our own suitcase (because I pack way to much).
Since we don't have children I go overboard on what I pack for myself and I'm sure that will change once I am packing for more than just myself!  




1. Books
On a beach vacation, especially an island where there's nothing to do, books are a necessity.   I know that a lot of our day will be spent lounging in chairs and I will always have a book in hand :)



2. Waterproof carrier
My mom and sister went to Cancun in February and they said this was what everyone was carrying around.  I am taking it along just in case.  I can throw things like money, phone, and camera in there without worrying about them getting wet!



3. Sunscreen
This one is a biggie...I don't burn like Noah does but in that warmer sun I may.  Noah is light complected and I will have to stay on top of the sunscreen if he's not going to get burnt.



4. Shoes
As you can see all of my shoes are a neutral color.  Since I have no clue what I will be wearing what day neutral is a safe bet!


5. Jean shorts
It's going to be hot!! So these are a must!


6. Scarves
You gotta have a little fashion while you're gone, right?  And what better way to spruce up an outfit than with a scarf!




7. Swimsuits & Coverups 
This is what we will be living in so more than 1 is being taken along :)


8. Jewelry
I don't have my jewelry packed but this what it will be carried in.  I love these little baggies for small earrings and they won't get lost!  Accessories are my best friend and they go everywhere with me!


9. Top/Tank Tops
I packed a few tops to go with my shorts and threw some tanks in there too!  I packed 2 dresses and 2 maxi skirts for our dinners.  No pics but they are packed!

Noah & I are so excited to be heading out of the country.  This is our first time leaving the country so please pray for us!! 



4 comments:

  1. St. Lucia looks amazing!!
    Have the best time! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT wait to see ALL your pics from St Lucia! Safe travels and I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete