Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: Service Work

 
It's Show & Tell Tuesday again and today we are sharing about service work we have done.
 
I am really excited to see what everyone else is doing and share some of the things we participate in!
 
And maybe use some of your ideas!
 
 
This quote.
 

 
 
I'm only sharing about two today in hopes that next year I can share about two more organizations I am passionate about.
 
 

30 Hour Famine

 
Every year the youth group at our church starts fundraising about a month before they participate in the 30 Hour Famine. The goal for each person is to raise $35 because that feeds 1 child for 1 month.
 
$35???? We can spend that going out to dinner once....how amazing that skipping going out to eat one time can pay for food for 1 child for 1 month!
 
 
 
These kids are amazing!!! I don't remember exactly how much they raised (I talked about it here) but it was a lot!
 
Last year Noah & I chaperoned and were humbled by how amazing these junior/senior high students are...they didn't complain once.
 
I always took part in the 30 Hour Famine when I was in high school and it is something near & dear to my heart. I know life gets hectic and even if I cannot be there and participate I know I will always raise/give money for something that changes lives.
 
Our church goes through World Vision for the 30 Hour Famine and you can find out more here.
 
 
 
Operation Christmas Child
 
 
 
 
Operation Christmas Child is something we always did growing up and now that Noah & I are a family it's something we have started too. To think that some children don't get anything at Christmas breaks my heart. I know that's not what Christmas is about but I think about how privileged we are to receive multiple presents.
 
So we are changing that.
 
 
 
This year we filled two shoes boxes, one for a boy and one for a girl. I purchased the supplies that went into the box but Noah wanted to help pack them. I thought I would just pack them up and take them to church but he wanted part in that. I love that he wanted to help and see what went into each shoebox.
 
This is definitely a tradition we will continue with our family.
To find out more and how you can pack a shoebox, click here.
 
#ipackedashoebox
 
 
 
What are some service organizations you've participated in??
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment