Monday, July 11, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was sunny and packed with everything summer!


Friday after work it was hair day! Before this year I got my hair cut once a year...I know.
But there's just something about getting your hair done that's relaxing :). 


Friday night Noah & I headed to Louisville to grab some groceries & return some things. It was a night together that we enjoyed :). 


Saturday morning I went for a run while Noah cleaned.....I love that man!
It was another pool day for us. 
Abby & Sugar (the dog). 

Jill, Mary Ann, & I. 


Saturday evening we had dinner plans with family & friends. 



After dinner we stopped for ice cream before we headed back to our pastor's house. 


Cold Stone it was!

Before we headed home it was picture time. You can tell everyone cooperates well...


Love this family of mine!

Dinner was with my parents & siblings, our previous pastor & his wife, and Greg & Sissy.
This is something I've never really talked about on the blog (I think.)
3 years ago tomorrow my mom gave one of her kidneys to a stranger (we knew who Sissy was just from church & living in the same town.)


My mom did something she felt God calling her to do. Most of us would ignore that call but my mom felt sure of it. The bond her & Sissy now share is something you cannot describe. Every year on the anniversary (within a few days) we celebrate with both of our families and our pastor at the time. 
It's really not my story to tell but what a humbling joy this has been!


My sister turned 21 in May and had never been to the bar in our town, so on the way home we stopped for a drink. 

Showing Morgan the ropes :). 

Sunday best!


We had a welcoming dinner for our (new) pastor Sunday after church.

To the pool it was and then to finish watching the Catfish softball tourney last night. 

As I'm typing I smell our pumpkin marshmallow cupcake candle and I am thinking fall thoughts!

(I have no idea why my pictures are not centered.)

1 comment:

  1. How precious that your mom gave a kidney! It has crossed my mind a time or two but I really think I would be chicken. Would definitely have to put my trust in God. I'm so cracking up at the puppy float...the way the ears are it looks like she's naked haha.

    ReplyDelete