Friday, November 4, 2016

Dominican Republic Days 1 & 2

I guess since this trip was almost 2 months ago I'll finally share it with you.

Back in February my mom was on FaceBook and saw where a travel agent she's friends with posted about a great deal on a trip to the Dominican Republic. Her and my dad had just gone in November for their 25th wedding anniversary so she wanted to go again. She called up her sister and mentioned a girls trip and that's where it began :).  It was a Sunday and we had to book by that night! 
I was starting a new job the next day and was worried about taking off but my boss rocks (hey Dr. Brooke) and said I should go!

We booked it and then waited :).  

September 11th arrived and we left Loogootee around 4 am to catch our flight! Yes we flew on 9/11 but trusted in God. From left to right: my mom's sister & my godmother Susan, my cousin Jill (whom I call a dear friend), the two in the middle, Brenda & Karen, are sister-in-laws, my mom, and I!
Our shirts are courtesy of our Mathias vacation every two years. 

Landed in Baltimore for our layover!

My sweet aunt Brenda!

So ready and excited for the beach!!

Love you Susan!

We even saw Donald Trump ;).

I typically don't like frozen yogurt but this.....this was amazing!

We stayed at the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach and loved it!!
When we checked in they upgraded all of us to beachfront huts and we were thrilled :). 

We dropped our luggage off and headed to explore the grounds. My mom & I in front of our hut. 

Our view from our room. Not even joking....the building to the left is where the buffet is so we were in the middle of everything. 



Jill & I so excited to be there!



Day 2!!
Ahh!! It was perfect. The resort, the beach, everything!



We headed to breakfast, grabbed some coffee (el cafe), and booked our dinner for the week. 

The water was so clear! I do have to say that I was super impressed. When Noah & I went on our honeymoon (to Saint Lucia) we were disappointed in what the pictures made it look like. Well in the Dominican the pictures do not do it justice!

Reading and sun....yes yes. 

Brenda found us all flowers. 

I mean....just look at that sky!

I won't disclose the name of this drink but it was super yummy!

Susan, Brenda, Chris, & Jill.

That night we headed to 25, one of the restaurants, for dinner. It was the only night they could get all 6 of us in and we still had to sit four and two. I would recommend booking your dinners the first day you get there because they fill up fast!

We clean up nice :). 


He wanted a selfie after he took our pic!


My chicken & rice....so good!!

This was probably our fanciest dinner. 

Every night the staff puts on a show at 10 and then an after-party at 11. Our first night the show was a "game show" and the language barrier was hard. The English language is definitely the minority there but we stuck it out. The staff was so involved every night and most of them were interns! 

Days 3 & 4 next!


No comments:

Post a Comment