Thursday, February 11, 2021

Valentine's Day crafts

The older Graham gets the more crafts and new things we are able to do. All of these were a trial run and the mouse was a bit too old for him. I cut everything out and let him "glue" the ears on and he loved it. I watched my nephew last week and while it probably wasn't the best time to do a craft we made the best of it and it was so sweet watching Graham. He was so proud of his mouse!

Supplies needed:

empty toilet paper rolls
craft paper or construction paper
heart stickers
glue sticks
heart shaped cutter...I will link the one we have below
stick on eyes


Sticking his ears together

Finished product! 
I put the eyes on first before I had him start. For the whiskers I cut out thin strips of white construction paper and held them together with a heart sticker. The base of the ears was scrapbook paper cut with our heart shaped cutter and then heart stickers were the top layer. We then glued the "ears" on. 

I made a few more to add to the collection. 

They go great with our Valentine decor.....such a cute & inexpensive craft.
Feel free to show me yours if you do them!

Next up heart pom pom......we trialed this on a piece of construction paper first. I then wanted to have Graham do it on a canvas to hang every year. 

Supplies needed:

3 pom poms (I've seen cotton balls used too)
3 clothespins
construction paper or canvas
3 colors of paint (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
cut out of a heart




Quinn stayed the night with my mom Sunday night so it was the perfect time to do this with Graham. I went ahead and got all the supplies ready and let him go......I tried taping the heart down but it didn't stick so I held it while he painted. 

Another cute craft idea.

We then learned how to cut with scissors....he thought he was big stuff!

I am excited to pull out the pom pom heart every year!


I will link below some of the items we used in case you need to add to or start your own craft supply. Thank you for reading & supporting my blog!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment