Monday, November 20, 2017

October books

I guess since we are over halfway through November I will share what I read in October!


It Ends with Us was such a good read! This was the first Colleen Hoover book I read and I loved it! A woman named Lily has always worked hard for what she's had. She starts her own business in Boston and meets a neurosurgeon name Ryle. He seems too good to be true...especially his aversion to relationships. Her past relationship with Atlas is brought up and that's all I can say about this book!
Guess you'll just have to read it to find out!



The 5 love languages has been on my list for awhile. I had taken the test over a year ago but I wanted to read in depth about each of the love languages. My two love languages were physical touch & receiving gifts. Noah's were words of affirmation & acts of service. This is something I loved reading as a way to remind myself to always be putting 100% into my marriage. Sometimes with the busyness of life your marriage can be put on the back burner. So go grab this book and see what your spouses love language is too!


This whole renting books at the public library is working out great! I've had cancel the wedding on my Goodreads account for over a year. So when this book came in I started it right away!
Olivia seems to have it all...she even seems okay with her mother's passing from cancer. But when Jane, her mother, has one final wish Olivia isn't so sure. Olivia heads on a summer road trip where secrets are revealed and she questions her own future. 


Some women is about three women who live very different lives! Annabel's husband announces he's leaving, Piper has raised her daughter alone and now her father comes into their lives, and Mackenzie has an overbearing mother-in-law. They seem like they have nothing in common but when you look into their lives they do. They form relationships and help each other navigate through life. I could not put this book down! 


And lastly for October...First Comes Love. This is another book I've been waiting to read. I really like Emily Giffin's books and couldn't wait to get my hands on this one! 
Josie and Meredith Garland are sisters who had a contentious relationship growing up. Now that they are grown they are following different paths. Josie is a first grade teacher who was just assigned her ex-boyfriend's daughter to her class. She wants more than anything to be a mother and decided to take matters into her own hands. 
Meredith is a successful attorney, married to a wonderful man, and raising their four-year-old daughter. But lately Meredith is feeling dissatisfied with her life. 
As the anniversary of their tragedy approaches, Josie and Meredith must confront the issues in front of them and also come to terms with their own lives. They learn in the end that in their true search for happiness....love always comes first. 


October was a good reading month and I've already got a huge head start on November!!

Happy reading!

P.S. If you want to see what I'm reading or what's on my to-read list follow me here!


2 comments:

  1. I loved It Ends with Us and Cancel the wedding! You should put November 9 on your list if you haven’t read yet

    ReplyDelete