Thursday, April 28, 2016

Anniversary Trip

Last Friday we set out to celebrate our first anniversary (April 18th.)

Comfy outfit for the car ride.  

It was perfect for the ride and thanks to my husband for always taking my pictures :).

We had plans to head to Cincinnati  and watch our beloved Cubbies play the Reds.


First stop of the trip was to Appleacres...

...where we indulged on some cherry apple milkshakes (ice cream is popular this trip.)

We checked into our hotel....
...isn't he cute carrying my Stella & Dot bag???

We stayed at 21c Museum Hotel on a whim. We had never heard of it but it was within walking distance of the ballpark so we booked it. Let me tell you it was everything and more. We aren't "artsy" people and if you were an "artsy" person this would be a place to stay, but we loved it! It was so clean, which is a big deal to me, and the people were SO NICE to us!! 



I had too much fun with the huge mirror that doubled as a closet door.
Can you tell??

He loves taking pictures but loves making me happy more :).

We changed and starting walking to the game!

There were a few bars and a pizza place on the same street as the ballpark and we decided on pizza. I don't remember the name of the restaurant but it was delicious!

Our seats were close...


...super close if you ask me. 

It started sprinkling/raining early on and we sat it out, it stopped and we thought this will be great, and then it started again...boo.

But our Cubs were up!!


Sad faces because it was raining and we took shelter where there were snacks lol.

Back out to finish the game!

It stopped raining and we enjoyed the rest of the game cheering on our Cubbies!!
Happy faces :).


We were walking back to our hotel and had to stop for a late night snack....ice cream!!

Saturday morning we slept in a bit and decided to head to IKEA...our first time.


Waiting for our car.


I think this may be my favorite picture from our trip.

Oh man this is during checkout at IKEA. Two hours after we stepped into the store and I am one happy camper. Starbucks fueled us through and we got some great things!

(P.S. I already have my next visit planned out.)

We stopped in Louisville for Trader Joe's and lunch and passed the Air Show going on...


Our last and final stop was Huber's Orchard & Winery where we tasted some wine and had ice cream (see told ya!)

We had THE BEST time celebrating one year together. I am so thankful for times like these where we can get away and spend time with each other. Our love for sports and traveling is something we can do together and continue doing :).



2 comments: