Monday, December 21, 2020

My great aunt Polly

I really don't have a ton of words for this post but she needs a place here. My great aunt Polly went to be with the Lord on October 22 and she forever has a place in my heart. My grandparents on my dad's side were gone too soon and she helped fill that void. She never married or had kids but we felt like hers. My sister, brother, & I have loved reminiscing of funny memories with her and I am thankful to have those in my heart. She got to meet all three of my babies and hold two of them.

About a month or two before she passed her & I had a talk in my driveway about Heaven and I am most thankful for that conversation. 

It's December 20th as I am writing this and we had our big Walker Christmas today. It felt odd not having her there but I knew she was. 
The week before she passed when Noah & I were on our trip she called and had ordered books from my Usborne book party for the 11 youngest grands (she usually bought for all.) So today I got to give those gifts to them and it was like having a piece of her there. 

Maybe I did have more words than I originally thought but now I'll share a few pictures (she did not care to have her picture taken) of our memories. 

My mom, aunt Ash, and great-aunt Polly took me to Nashville in college. Such a fun trip. 

She was at all of our gatherings and Christmases since we didn't have living grandparents. One of my memories was her driving to Ball State my freshmen year and bringing me home. I didn't have a car that first semester but she would be waiting Friday morning at 8:50am when I got out of my only class to drive me home. An almost 6 hour round trip. She loved big!

My high school graduation party. I miss that smile & her laugh. 

In 2009 she went with us to Gatlinburg on fall break one year. I had my permit and my parents made me drive our van to & from the cabin. She was just along for the ride. I remember her always letting my drive when I had my permit....bless her patience lol!





Getting to hold & feed Graham. 



I think this is the last picture I have of her and it's one of my favorites. She loved reading as do I and there she was at my sister's baby shower taking the time to read to my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment