Saturday, September 5, 2020

Day after the storm- April 9 & 10, 2020



All snuggled up with Nana. Graham was worn out from watching all the commotion the night before. I forgot to mention that we lost power the night before and it was going to be until the wee hours of the following morning that we got it back. It was chilly today but we hunkered down and wore cozy clothes. 




I guess jelly beans and decorating made me forget a little less about what was going on lol. 















Drew & Will came over and mowed our yard. Drew had some fans cheering him on. 

Another window visit. 



Their view from outside. 







My parents brought over pizza and finally talked me into the idea of staying at their house for the night. It was going to be cold and their house stays a bit warmer than ours. So 2 days postpartum and a new family of 5 we packed up! I am glad we did because their power came back on around 10pm and our neighbors said our was off until 3 or 4am. A little side note....we are so so thankful for community and this taught us ways people can show up & love!! My parents helping with the older kids, letting our crew stay, and our neighbors bought a generator and allowed us to hook up our deep freeze. We had just purchased 1/4 cow and were frantically trying to find where we could store it. My aunt & uncle took some of our meat that we had up here to their deep freeze. I know there were so many other ways people showed up and I am forgetting things (should've wrote this post a long time ago lol) but I am so thankful for community. 

Home from my parents and I had this brewing while Noah unloaded the van.....so thankful for this warm cup! Now I remember the previous day, Kirsten, ran to Olaf to get her & I some coffee since there was no power. 

New shirts from the Grabers. 

Almost everything in our fridge & freezer upstairs was ruined so Noah's dad ran to Jasper Ruler (the Loogootee store had been out of power too & their frozen section was ruined) to restock us!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment