Wednesday, October 18, 2017

August & September Books


Hey everybody!! It's been awhile and I don't have anything really exciting today UNLESS you love to read like me :). 

I've had this post started since August and decided to lump both August and September reading into one post! So here it goes....

Little Beach Street Bakery was hard to get into at first. It's about a girl named Polly who wants to turn a new page in her life and moves to a quiet town and decides to start baking bread. Her life begins to change and she forms friendships there and learns to love it! I am so so glad I stuck with this book because now I have Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery on my list to read!

Crazy Rich Asians was recommended by Shay and it's not something I would've picked myself. That being said I really laughed throughout this book! It's about a woman named Rachel who heads to Singapore with her boyfriend to meet his family. Little does she know they are rich and live a very different life than what she knows. And once I read this I had to read the sequel.....


...China Rich Girlfriend! It's the second book in the 3 book series which talks about Rachel getting married. It should be an exciting time but she is mourning her birthfather not being there to walk her down the aisle. Eventually I'll get around to reading the 3rd book!

I read Melanie's first two books awhile back and had Sparkly Green Earrings on my to-read list for a bit. I thought it was the perfect time to read it since I will be venturing into the thrones of motherhood in the next few months. I love Melanie's sense of humor and the one thing this book taught me is that life is not perfect let alone motherhood! I think as a mom I will always be trying to figuring it all out.....is that a correct assumption mamas??


Every time I read a book I feel as if I am in the book with the characters. Please tell me I'm not the only one?! The Girl you Left Behind was definitely one of those books! The setting is in Paris in 1916 and Sophie has to take care of her family while her husband, Edouard, fights in the war. I really don't want to give too much away but the story involves a painting that appears many years later and the story of Sophie unfolds. While reading this book I put myself in Sophie's shoes and could not imagine what she went through! 

The vacationers was also recommended by Shay and I was not a fan. It was not what I expected at all....I'm not sure what I was expecting either! The vacationers is about an American family who vacations for two weeks in Mallorca. Secrets are revealed and things do not go according to what they had planned. Not my favorite book out of these!

Oh man!! This one had me on my seat!
The couple next door is a seat gripping book where a terrible crime is committed and I'm not saying much more because you have to read it!! 

Okay that's it!!
I hope you are still reading and go grab a book to read! 


I am a fan of Goodreads and you can find me on Goodreads here




No comments:

Post a Comment