Tuesday, November 24, 2015

August, September, October, & November Books

Yea about the title...
 
.....I have been a slacker :)
 
But I'm sharing with you now and I hope you enjoy it!


I love love a good book, it takes me to a place I never will go.
 
That being said I am sad when I am finished with a book but that means I get to start another one!
 
So here are a few books I've read within the last few months.



 
It's been awhile since I finished this book but most things I read are romance and funny....this was both. And obviously it has to do with summer and a beach...sounds perfect to me :)


 
The Love Season is similar...Elin Hilderbrand never disappoints :)
 
I have a few of her books on my upcoming list to read.


 
The Book Thief is probably my favorite out of this list. It was so so hard to read at first and I really didn't think I was going to like it. At all. But I kept reading and boy am I glad I did! I learned so much about Germany and Hitler that I had no idea about. I need to go read some history now. I highly recommend this book to anyone! It is long but so worth the read :)
 


 
My aunt had this book laying around and I was out of books to read so I asked to read it (having no idea what it was about). I read it in 3 days, it was that good! And since it was so good I had to order the sequel...
 

 
...and it was just as good. The first book is about a girl who is in an accident with her family and the second book talks about her life after. If I tell you anymore it will give it away, but you should read it :)



 
Oh man. This book. I think I can relate to it because this woman lives in a town over from ours. It's the town I work in and I drive by the high school she attended everyday. It really pulled at my heart and shows me true faith in God. What an amazing story and journey.
 
 

 
One of my girlfriends lended me this book and it was so good! I love a good book about friends and this was just that!  This is the first book I read by Holly Chamberlin and I love her now! 
I may have to order another book by her :)
 
 
 
Beth Harbison is amazing. When in Doubt Add Butter was such an easy & fast read. It is about a personal chef who finds love :) Food & love...what could be better???
 
 
What are some books I need to read??? Comment with your recommendations and I'll add them to my reading list!
 
You can keep up with me on Goodreads, here.
 
Happy Tuesday!
 
Oops I almost forgot!!! The winner of the earrings is Mattie Dulka!!!
 
Email me at blakewalke93@gmail.com to retrieve your gift! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. GIRL what?!?! I won the earrings?! Hahaha wow this is the second giveaway I've won today!!! Yay!!

    I saw If I Stay the movie but I want to read the book! And I didn't even know about the sequel! I have The Book Thief to read but my library books keep becoming available before I can get to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mattie, you are winning all the things today haha! About the books: you have to watch The Book Thief and If I Stay movies. I always read books first and then see movies because they always change stuff but those are two good ones!

    ReplyDelete